Thursday, November 20, 2008

Are you out there?

Anyone else sharing this running journey while dealing with the realities of being a fifty something full time worker?

If not this will be my soliloquy.

Today is another challenge: how do you find time to work, work out and run? I am racing on Saturday in Colorado with my thirty year old daughter. My running and working out seems to have motivated both of my daughters to step it up a notch in their own fitness. A very good thing for them and for me. I now have a running partner! This thirty year old gave me goggles and a swim cap for my recent birthday. Her plan is to inspire me to also become a swimmer.

Now to time manage my day: work, pack, run four miles, do 30 minutes of resistance training, ready the house for being gone.

Also, I learned a valuable lesson about travel: keep your running shoes and insoles in your carry on. Two weeks ago I didn't and it was expensive and frustrating. I need to figure out how to get those shoes into my briefcase with my laptop. (???)

I am wondering, do most boomer runners use orthotics? My custom ones are great and I think they will help me avoid some hip issues that my relatives faced as they age.

Off to my day,

Looking for others who started "Running Later",

The Boomer Beginner

No comments: